Excavation/Safety Manager-Licensed Plumber
NEW ORLEANS CORPORATE OWNED LOCATION
Roto-Rooter, America’s premier provider of plumbing and drain cleaning company is the name that homeowners and businesses turn to for select quality services. We are proud of our 80-year history of success, but it’s our future that has us so excited!
We have an excellent opportunity for an Excavation/Safety Manager.
The Excavation/Safety Manager must have a Louisiana plumbing license and management experience.
The Excavation/Safety Manager’s main priority is to increase excavation business volume by developing existing business, cultivating new customers, manage camera technicians. Maintain all excavation and safety paperwork. File permits and host inspections. All other duties as assigned.
- Develops Existing Business
- Monitors the progress of the excavation jobs.
- Maintain safety folders.
- May serve as primary contact for customer.
- Oversees job to ensure proper permits and licenses issues have been addressed.
- Develop additional business opportunities by selling Roto-Rooter’s preventative maintenance and priority care programs.
- Develop relationships with customers to build customer loyalty.
- Handle customer questions, complaints and praise.
- Prepare bid packages and performs estimates.
- Responsible for meeting branch profitability standards and ensuring proper and accurate code-out of all excavation jobs.
- Works with Dispatchers to ensure qualified individuals are dispatched to mainline opportunities to provide customer options of needed repair.
- Cultivating New Business
- Identify bid opportunities, prepares bid packages, and performs estimates for jobs.
- Work closely with other management personnel to identify excavation sales opportunities.
Technician Skills Development and Supervision
- Assist personnel on new assignments.
- Efficient scheduling of personnel, equipment, and rentals.
- Work closely with service technicians in the selling and estimating process.
- Effective supervision of excavation staff.
- Supervise video sales technician.
- Must be able to effectively operate and troubleshoot equipment operated by subordinates.
Safety and Loss Prevention
- Conduct safety training programs
- Conduct routine inspections of equipment (i.e.: trucks, safety equipment, uniforms) to ensure that company policies and regulatory agency requirements are being enforced.
- Conducts work-site spot checks to evaluate safety procedure compliance.
- Issues safety kits
- Make necessary changes to comply with safety policy and requirements.
- Monitors employee compliance with safety policies and requirements.
- Takes necessary corrective action with employees who fail to comply with safety policies and requirements.
- Efficient Use of Equipment
- Conduct quarterly inspections of equipment to ensure that company policies and regulatory agency requirements are being enforced.
- Ensure vehicles are being properly used and maintained.
- Maintain inventory of required parts and supplies.
- Assign work and equipment in the most efficient manner possible.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, and have acceptable background check results including criminal history and driving record.
In return for your commitment to service excellence, you will receive an exceptional compensation package including bonus incentives, medical insurance including health, dental, vision, and life, tuition reimbursement, company matched 401K, paid vacation, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.